From 1993 to 2000, Mr. Fred K. Geitner worked for a major natural gas transmission company in Germany where he was in charge of machinery technology liaison between the German firm and pipeline companies in the newly independent states of the former Soviet Union. Before retiring from Exxon in 1992, after twenty years of service, Mr. Geitner's professional career included positions as Engineering Associate with Esso Chemical Canada and a three-year assignment as a lead machinery specialist with Exxon Chemical France. Prior to joining Exxon, Mr. Geitner worked for ten years for Cooper Industries, a major manufacturer of process machinery. There he held positions in field service engineering, design and manufacturing at various locations in Canada and the U.S.
Mr. Geitner graduated from the Technical University of Berlin/Germany with an M.S. (Dipl. Eng.) degree in Engineering and did post-graduate studies at the University of Cincinnati, USA.
Mr. Geitner has presented courses and seminars on design, operation and maintenance of process machinery and related equipment in Canada, the US, Europe, South America and the Middle East.
He is also a present member of the Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers and has, together with Heinz Bloch co-authored a series of books on process machinery management and reliability engineering. The current list of his books includes:-
(1) Machinery Failure Analysis and Troubleshooting (Third Edition), by Heinz P. Bloch and Fred K. Geitner (Houston, Texas: Gulf Publishing Company).
(2) Practical Machinery Management for Process Plants, Volume 1, 3rd Edition.
(3) Practical Machinery Management for Process Plants, Volume 2, 3rd Edition:
(4) Practical Machinery Management for Process Plants, Volume 3, 2nd Edition:
(5) Practical Machinery Management for Process Plants, Volume 4, 2nd Edition.
(6) Machinery Component Maintenance and Repair
(7) Process Equipment Maintenance and Repair
(8) Process Plant Machinery
(9) Process Plant Reliability